Our wood turning tools are only made for cutting, not scraping. They are designed according to old, Swedish wood turning tradition.
We have three different Turning hooks and one Turning hooked gouge. These four are great combination of turning tools when making bowls and similar.
The Turning hooks
- Designed for face work, when turning bowls, both small and large. Makes nice shavings.
- Turning hook 36 cm / 8 mm (small) is used when turning in wood ends. Use it from the inside out. It has outer bevels.
- Turning hook 36 cm / 12 mm (medium) us used both from the inside out and vice versa. It has one outer and one inner bevel.
- Turning hook 42 cm / 18 mm (large) is used when turning in side wood. Use it from the outside in. It has inner bevels.
The Turning hooked gouge
- A perfect complement to the turning hooks. Use it from the outside in. It is not suitable for small bowls.
To sharpen and hone the turning hooks and the turning hooked gouge you need special grinding pins and slipstones.